[Histonet] IHC and special stains

Coskran, Timothy M timothy.m.coskran <@t> pfizer.com
Thu Apr 26 12:15:57 CDT 2007

Sarah,

I haven't done too much of this combination, but it can definitely be
done.  I would run your IHC first and then 'counterstain' with the
special stain of choice.  We've used antibodies to pancreatic hormones
and then counterstained with PAS.  The PAS does a better job of
outlining basement membranes as compared to a standard H&E.  I'm not
sure if silver stains would be compatible, but I think there are
possibilities.

Tim Coskran

Pfizer

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.