[Histonet] Re: Finding Lymph Nodes After Fixation

Wiese, Jason VHAROS Jason.Wiese <@t> va.gov
Tue Apr 24 19:03:28 CDT 2007

Presto-fixe II Active ingredients:

1.0 Molar Formaldehyde
0.2 Molar Glyoxal
60% Methanol

Buffered plus PVP(macromolecular colloidal membrane protectant)

That's it...

I agree with you 100% on the clinical seriousness of this problem.  I am
in no way saying that presto-fixe II will solve this problem, nor am I
endorsing the product as some great mystery which has been overlooked.
I only know that, at times, I have place mesentery that has been sitting
in formalin for a long time (days) in this product, and I have noticed
the nodes turn white and firm up a bit.

Thanks,
Jason