[Histonet] RE: Derm path

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Mon Apr 16 13:05:30 CDT 2007

Roxanne - depends too on whether you will be doing direct
immunofluorescence for them as well. I imagine a busy derm practice
would require the capability of doing them. Therefore, FITC-conjugated
IgG, IgA, IgM, C3 and Fibrinogen might be useful. (Disclaimer: this
panel may have changed since I left clinical.)

Also, you may have to have the leukemia/lymphoma markers on hand because
cutaneous lymphomas are usually biopsied by Dermatologists. Talk with
your pathologist as to the panel he/she might recommend for typing
these.

Hope this helps!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Managing Director Histology Facility