[Histonet] Akemi's Response to "Shooting!" Be Kind

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 11:51:29 CDT 2007

When posting my comment regarding CAP's to JD, I did
not realize it would be taken in such a manner.  It is
truly difficult for me to read sentences when they are
all capitalized.  My eyesight isn't what it used to
be!!  I have been in the professional field of
histology, since 1965 and am still learning something
new every day.   When I was younger, I was pretty
arrogant as well.  Maybe, it wasn't that long ago!
Along the way, I met an became friends with such
wonderful gracious people as Dezna Sheehan, Lee Luna,
Chuck Churukian and Rich Horobin.  They were and still
are such inspirational individuals who took me under
their wing.  I can't remember a time when they were
not available to me for trouble-shooting any issues
regarding histology.  They were always understanding
of my motives for learning and trying to produce the
best results as possible.  I have to remind myself
sometimes on their humbleness and hopefully it will
rub off on me.  Before leaving Biocare, I was involved
with global technical support and trouble-shooting a
special stains line I developed.  I have learned to be
a more patient person that has BIG EARS.  It usually
turns out to be 95% pilot error, but we have to be
empathic and open to all possibilities.  This is how
to gain trust and respect.  After all, we are all
human and most of us hate to admit our mistakes.

Warmest Regards,
Akemi Allison-Tacha