[Histonet] Demonstration of H. Pylori

James L Burchette burch007 <@t> mc.duke.edu
Fri Apr 13 09:21:14 CDT 2007

Hello Delores and everyone else,

We use IHC for the demonstration of H pylori. I don't get caught up in the
argument of IHC vs. special stains. If our doctors like IHC, that's fine
with me. Job security says it all.
I use Dako's rabbit polyclonal antibody at 1:100, pretreat with Brigati's
stable pepsin, and detect with a biotin/streptavidin system. I like AEC,
but sometimes use DAB as the chromogen.

After taking a couple years off from Histonet.... I'm back

Jim Burchette, HT(ASCP) QIHC
"A simple histotech from a little country hospital in North Carolina"

"Dolores Townsend" <TownsendD <@t> childrensdayton.org>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
04/13/2007 08:45 AM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Demonstration of H. Pylori

Hello, Histonetters
I am taking a census: what stain do you/your pathologists prefer to
demonstrate H. Pylori?
How many of you do IHC?
How many do special stains, and if so, which one?
I do a Steiner here, which is time consuming, even in the microwave,
and seems to give variable results in staining intensity, so I'd like
your opinion as to what stain you prefer.
Thank you,
Dolores Townsend