[Histonet] Simple device for holding bones

Linda Jenkins jlinda <@t> ces.clemson.edu
Wed Apr 11 12:40:17 CDT 2007

Terry,
         You stated:
         "PS The recurring problem of sawing bones drives me nuts. The
sawing bit is easy, you just need a saw, it's the holding of the bone
that's the problem."

         Next time you are out shopping, pick up a melon ball device in
assorted sizes.  They are perfect for holding a femoral head to guide into
the table top band saw or while using the Stryker Saw.  They are also great
for holding irregular shaped bones such as clavicles, etc.

         From the kitchen to the lab... :-)
         Linda

PS: Now, if we could just figure out how to put those nifty stir bars into
our home cook pots so we would not have to stand and stir...hmmm!

Linda Jenkins, HT
Clemson University
Dept. of Bioengineering
Clemson, SC 29634-0905