[Histonet] quantification of apical labeling in intestinal brushboarder

Jonathan Wilson wilson_jm <@t> cimar.org
Wed Apr 11 11:56:40 CDT 2007

Hello Histonetters,
    I am looking for advice on quantify apical (brush boarder)
immunolableing of intestine. The apical labeling is not uniform and I would
therefore like a means of randomly sampling. I was wondering if it was
acceptable to use an overlay grid and measure fluorescence intensity at the
points where the grid lines intersected on randomly orientated micrographs.
I know that this is used for stereology for morphometrics but haven't come
across its use for this type of quantification (in my limited reading).
    My second problem that arises from this is what type of grid would be
most appropriate and where I could get a copy or better yet how to produce
one. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a good library (and therefore
stereology books) and access to internet journals is limited.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Jon

Jonathan Wilson (PhD)