[Histonet] Zymed Mozaic IHC stainer

Kinsley, David david.kinsley <@t> spcorp.com
Wed Sep 27 13:05:25 CDT 2006

Hi,

We recently purchased a Zymed Mozaic automated immuno stainer and seem
to have a carry over issue.

I have tried 2 test runs with a CD68 antibody on 10 human tonsil slides.
Slides 1-9 are stained with the CD68 antibody and slide #10 is PBS for a
negative control.  In 2 separate runs my negative control has weak
positive staining.  When I tried the same protocol by hand, my negative
control slide is clean.  I feel that there is some carry over of primary
antibody that is either sticking to the outside of the pipette, or
remaining in the tubing during the pipetting process.

Has anyone had this problem before?  How did you solve it?  If anyone
has any tips for working with this instrument they are appreciated.

thanks in advance

Dave