[Histonet] Honey as a formalin substitute

Vinnie Della Speranza dellav <@t> musc.edu
Tue Sep 26 10:15:09 CDT 2006

Hi Phil,
it was good to see and speak with you in Phoenix.
now about that Coca Cola, do you know if tissues decal'd in this solution are suitable for immunohistochemistry ?? we never seem to have a shortage of Diet Coke here in the lab, might be a good substitute in a pinch !  8>)
Vinnie

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309
Charleston, SC 29425
Ph: 843-792-6353
fax: 843-792-8974

>>> "Philip Bryant" <Philip.Bryant <@t> bromor-tr.wales.nhs.uk> 09/26/06 08:02AM >>>
Now that all the jokes and puns about honey have been exhausted, I thought that I would thank everyone for their interest and comments, positive or otherwise, regarding my publication. When the paper was written, it was intended as a basic, wacky and off the wall idea.  It certainly proved to be that and I'm grateful for the publicity it generated. I would also be pleased to hear any other comments or results of any independent research that may come as a result. Apparently, the supermarkets in the UK are finding it hard to compete with the demand for honey and fresh liver!!!! By the way, do you know about the decalcifying powers of Coca Cola.......?? Happy researching!

Phil
Phil Bryant PhD CSci FIBMS
Cellular Pathology Team Manager
Department of Pathology
Princess of Wales Hospital
Bridgend
Mid Glamorgan
Wales, UK
CF31 1RQ

Phone : 01656 752320
E-mail : philip.bryant <@t> bromor-tr.wales.nhs.uk

Cymraeg:-
Mae'r neges hon yn gyfrinachol.Os nad chi yw'r derbynnydd y bwriedid y neges ar ei gyfer, byddwch mor garedig â rhoi gwybod
i'r anfonydd yn ddi-oed. Dylid ystyried un rhywd datganiadau neu sylwadau a wneir uchod yn rhai personol,ac nid o angen rhaid yn rhai o
eiddo Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg, nac unrhyw ran gyfansoddol ohoni na chorff cysylltiedig.

Cofiwch fod yn ymwybodol ei bod yn bosibl y bydd disgwyl i Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg roi cyhoeddusrwydd i gynnwys unrhyw ebost neu
ohebiaeth a dderbynnir, yn unol ag amodau'r Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000. I gael mwy o wybodaeth am Ryddid Gwybodaeth, cofiwch gyfeirio
at wefan Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg ar www.bromor-tr.wales.nhs.uk

English:-
This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of the message then please notify the sender immediately.
Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust, any
constituent part or connected body.

Please be aware that, under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust may be required to make public the
content of any emails or correspondence received. For further information on Freedom of Information, please refer to the Bro Morgannwg NHS
Trust website at www.bromor-tr.wales.nhs.uk.