[Histonet] Black Walnut stains

Rittman, Barry R Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Tue Sep 12 07:26:40 CDT 2006

I have found nothing that will get rid of the black WALNUT STAINS.
Similar stains from the husks of pecans. Just have o let it wear off.
It is embarrassing as it gets under finger nails and looks as if you
hav'nt cleaned your nails properly.
You may want to go a step further and create a design with the juice and
say that it is henna stain.
Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Susan
Owens
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:27 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Black Walnut stains

OFF SUBJECT BUT I NEED HELP.
Guys, I need some help...
Yesterday I decided to peel and clean some Black Walnuts to plant later.
Now
I've never done this before....My walnut trees came from my
father-in-law's
place years ago, where the trees grow wild in the mountains. When the
nuts,
which look like hard green apples, fell from the trees he peeled the
thick
hard outer cover then cleaned and polish the inner nut(taste great)...We
were there one Christmas and took several nuts home, planted them, and
now
have several beautiful big shade trees. After all these years I decided
needed more trees(lost several oaks) and I wanted to replace the oaks
with
the walnuts...........Sooooooo since they are falling now, a collected
several and started the hard job of peeling.....Under that green outer
skin
you fine a light color(yellow-green) meat covering the nut.....I had
peeled
a few when I saw that my hands were dirty....Well, it wasn't
dirt.....Seems
the clear juice coming from that meat turns brown-dark brown after a
while.....I have tried everything and nothing will touch it.......Surely
someone out there knows what to do!!!! HELP!!!!!

Thanks
Susan, who should of wore gloves,but who knew.
ohenry <@t> dfw.net
Ohenry Labradors