[Histonet] sections cutting thick and thin

Zajic Kari Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Fri Sep 8 07:26:33 CDT 2006

Hi Gerard...yes, I have experienced that problem as well with my Leica Microtome. It seems that the "plates" that hold the back of the knife holder kind-of warp...I am sorry, I don't know the technical terms (my service guy always knew what I was referring to). They seem to warp after alot of cutting (I used to cut alot of uterus,bone,etc) and I would have them replaced about every 18 months or so or as soon as I experienced the thick/thin sections. I wish I could explain the part a little better for you!! If you take off the back plate of the knife holder, you'll see a small "square" with 2 thin metal clamps. Those are the culprits! Good luck, I know how frustrating they are!!

Kari :)

Kari Marie Zajic HTL,MLT
Histology Supervisor
Palms West Hospital
Pathology Department
13001 State Road Eighty
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470
phone:      (561)798-6036
telefax:     (561)753-4298
voicemail: (561)753-4299
pager:       (561)610-4949
email: Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAHealthcare.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL
information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachment, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.