AW: [Histonet] bone marrow procedure

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Sep 7 11:55:25 CDT 2006

 Hi Michele,
I think it is an important point to know, how thick and long the cores are.
We process bone marrow trephines with 3-4 mm diameter and about 30 mm
length. Therefore we let them fix in 8% NBF until the next day of receiving,
next day morning we decal them in a bought mixture with formic acid and
formaldehyd for 8 hours. Then they are washed in running water for 15 min
and put in the usual processing cycle in the VIP. Together with the Ventana
IHC system we have HE and IHC on the second day after receiving.
Smaller samples will probably require shorter times.

Gudrun
Akh Linz, Austria

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Margiotta,
Michele
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 07. September 2006 17:49
An: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] bone marrow procedure

Hi All,
Our pathologist is wondering how most labs are processing bone marrow bxs.
Are you doing a rapid or slow decal and for how long?  If someone could
share their procedure, that would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Michele

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed.
This communication  may contain material protected by the attorney-client
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
via return e-mail or call Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center at
(631) 654-7282.