[Histonet] FW: Re: Collagen stain for paraffin sections

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Wed Sep 6 05:30:47 CDT 2006

Hi Peggy,
Quite a few of the researchers here like the PicroSirius Red stain
(PSR). I am not sure if that is one that is a stain that would help you.
I can send you the protocol.
Betsy

Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
Cardiovascular Pathology
6770 Bertner Ave.
Houston,TX 77030
832-355-6524
832-355-6812 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sherwood, Margaret
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:54 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] FW: Re: Collagen stain for paraffin sections

To all:

Does anyone know if the collagen stain, Masson Trichrome, would
deliniate
denatured or necrotic collagen from normal collagen in paraffin
sections?  One
of the researchers is looking for such a stain.  If not, is there
another
collagen stain that would?  (We routinely use MTC).

Peggy

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (W224)