Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 16:06:53 CDT 2006

  Regulations vary state by state. In Florida you have to have a Supervisor's license, and to have that you have to have certain study credentials (with some "grandfathering" of course in some cases).
  Otherwise assigning the supervision of a histology lab either as a FTE supervisor, "bench" supervisor or lead tech is mostly an internal lab decision sometimes briven by non technical considerations.
  René J.

"Vickroy, Jim" <Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com> wrote:

Are there folks supervising histology laboratories that only have an HT
certification and not a degree? And.............

What do the governing organizations say about this? I know I can get
the information but wondered if anyone had a quick answer.

Jim Vickroy

Technical Supervisor - Surgical and Autopsy Pathology

Memorial Medical Center

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a 
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, 
you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the 
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

More information about the Histonet mailing list