LeVier, Rebecca J RJLevier <@t> LancasterGeneral.org
Tue Sep 5 13:00:40 CDT 2006

Just to let you know, you can have an associates degree in histology and
have the HT certification. It is not just those who OJT'd that have an
HT. Most schools currently are offering an associates degree for you to
take the HT exam. 

Most job postings that I see are asking for either an HT or an HTL for
the supervisory position.


-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vickroy,
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu


Are there folks supervising histology laboratories that only have an HT
certification and not a degree?  And.............

What do the governing organizations say about this?     I know I can get
the information but wondered if anyone had a quick answer.


Jim Vickroy

Technical Supervisor - Surgical and Autopsy Pathology

Memorial Medical Center


This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any 
attachments, is for the sole use of intended recipient(s) and may 
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized 
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not 
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and 
destroy all copies of the original message.

More information about the Histonet mailing list