Help on Re: [Histonet] Workshop on unusual beasties

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Oct 30 10:45:42 CST 2006

For those going from clinical hospital histolabs and into research with
animals, there is an Animal Processing Manual available from National
Society for Histotechnology.  Go to www.nsh.org for particulars on how to
order this manual, it is not overly expensive.  It contains recommendations
and guidelines for processing and fixation for all kinds of beasties,
particularly marine animals and many other species.

Another good textbook is Humanson's Animal Tissue Techniques, Fifth Edition
by Presnell JK and Schreibman MP,
ISBN# 0-8018-5401-6.

Also, if you are a member of NSH, you are can join the Veterinary Research
and Industry (VIR) committee at no extra cost to access a membership list
of people who list their expertises.  You can then contact them personally
for information on animal histotechniques.  The NSH Hard Tissue committee
is the same situation for those working on implants, bone, stents, plastics.

At 08:07 AM 10/30/2006, you wrote:

>Teri,
>This sounds great to me!
>I have recently left human creatures, for a Vet
>School and animal research.  Things are so,...
>many legged.
>I would love to learn all the differences, and
>how to overcome.
>Patrica
>
>Patricia Adams
>-----
>Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
>http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=YWxhc2thZ2lybDE5NTA%3D

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor