[Histonet] steamed about steamer

Greer, Patricia (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) pwg1 <@t> cdc.gov
Thu Oct 26 12:25:06 CDT 2006

We have been using the Black and Decker rice steamer for 5 or 6 years as
well.  We first heat preheat the steamer until the upper part is
completely filled with steam,  then heat the retrieval solution in the
microwave to just boiling (ours takes about 1 minute 45 seconds.
Transfer the heated solution to the steamer, add the deparaffinized
slides, and set the timer for 15 minutes.  After steaming the slides for
the 15 minutes, rinse in RT tap water and you are ready to do your
immuno.

Pat Greer
Infectious Disease Pathology Activity
Mail Stop G-32
Atlanta, GA 30333
404-639-2811

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cheri
Miller
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:20 PM
To: 'Fred Underwood'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] steamed about steamer

This is kind off the subject but, I have a Black and Decker Rice steamer
we have used for 5 or 6 years and now most of my retrievals aren't
working.
Mostly my Pins,TTF and E-Cadherin. The troubleshooting I have done
recently points to a worn out steamer. Anyone else have this problem??
Let me Know what you think.

Cheri MIller HT ASCP Histology Supervisor, Phys Laboratory. Omaha Ne