[Histonet] steamed about steamer

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Thu Oct 26 11:19:38 CDT 2006

This is kind off the subject but, I have a Black and Decker Rice steamer we
have used for 5 or 6 years and now most of my retrievals aren't working.
Mostly my Pins,TTF and E-Cadherin. The troubleshooting I have done recently
points to a worn out steamer. Anyone else have this problem?? Let me Know
what you think.

Cheri MIller HT ASCP Histology Supervisor, Phys Laboratory. Omaha Ne

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Fred
Underwood
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:26 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] steamed about steamer

Hi All,

I'm attempting to use a rice steamer for HIER, but am not able to get
the temperature of the retrieval solution above 85 degrees C.  I was not
able to find locally the Black and Decker HS2000 that has been
recommended in literature.  I can't believe that is the only unit that
will work.  Is there something I'm missing here.  I'm no Wolfgang Puck,
but come on it's a rice steamer!

Thanks in advance,
Fred