[Histonet] Re: goodbye - vendor perspective

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:59:51 CDT 2006

Dear list:

    David Henriks wrote a very nice-sounding reply to the vendor issue
we are all concerned about. I say nice-sounding because while it may be
the ideal situation, it is not always a real world situation. Joe's
troubles bear this out.
    Several years ago someone posted a querry on this listserver (or the
Microscopy listserver, I am not sure which) about purchasing an
expensive piece of equipment. I suggested he invite vendors to bring a
demo to his lab to see if their equipment fit his needs. I also
suggested that any vendor who would not supply a demo not be considered
in his purchase plans. I got a very nasty off list reply from ..........
David Henriks of South Bay Technologies.
    Actions speak louder than words.

Geoff

--
--