AW: [Histonet] Re:Lookin at new stainers

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Tue Oct 24 12:27:03 CDT 2006

We have lately purchased a Leica stainer combined with their
glass-coverslipper. For our amount of slides and workflow it fits very well.
We do about 200 HEs every day, staining takes place from 7 to 11. At the
beginning there was some trouble because of a software-error, but now it
works without complains. We like the easy way of "feeding" the thing with
the coloured chips and the easy-to-handle touch screen. The logic of its
software isn't always really apparent. So sometimes I stand before the
instrument guessing what basket it will choose next. But in the end every
basket is stained and coverslipped.

Gudrun Lang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von claudia
melidona
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2006 18:54
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Re:Lookin at new stainers

Hi everyone- We are in the market for a new stainer/coverslipper. Can anyone
give me some feedback on the Tissue-Tek Prisma stainer from Sakura and also
any other stainer/coverslipper combo instrument .  Lately there has been
tooo much response from vendors so I would only like to hear from
histo-techs. Claudia