[Histonet] PA Programs available?

Lance Erickson Lance.Erickson <@t> intermountainmail.org
Tue Oct 24 10:17:52 CDT 2006

See the AAPA website www.pathologistsassistants.org they have all the PA
programs listed. I don't think any of them offer online coursework.
I sat for the exam this year throught the OJT route. Even though I see
limited specimen types because of our patient population at a children's
hospital I still was doing more than the minimum 20 types of complex
specimens to qualify for the OJT route. This really has little to do
with the content of the exam. The best thing to know for the exam is
Robbins textbook "Pathologic Basis of Disease" front to back.

Lance Erickson, PA, HTL
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Primary Children's Medical Center

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennie
Jenkins
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:29 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PA Programs available?

Does anyone out there know if there are any PA programs that offer
online coursework so that I would only have to travel for the labs?

Or is there anyone out there who has sit for the exam through the OJT
route and could shed some light. I already know the requirements, I just
don't know if I can pass the exam based on the fact that we do such
limited variety of specimens in our hospital.

Thanks in advance.

Jennie Jenkins, MT
Southside Community Hospital
Farmville, VA 23901
434-315-2618

This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information that is
confidential to Southside Community Hospital.  If you are not the
intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or
attachments.  In such a case, please notify the sender by return e-mail
immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and
attachments that do not relate to the official business of Southside
Community Hospital are neither given nor endorsed by it.