[Histonet] EDTA Ph 9 antigen retrieval question

Pirici Daniel argonautro <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 01:34:19 CDT 2006

Hi histoneters!

I was looking for the recipe to make Tris EDTA pH 9 for antigen retrieval.
Everybody mentions using EDTA, but judging by the molarity of the solution and the quantity to add I guessed that in fact it is not EDTA (M = 292,24), but a di-sodium, di-hydrated salt (M =372,24) also known as titriplex III.
Is this correct?
Does anybody know if the Na is essential for the retrieval action of thebuffer?
If I do not have Titriplex III and I just use EDTA, would it be enough?

Many thanks from now!
Daniel Pirici, MD
University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova, Romania