[Histonet] CAP question regarding annual testing of microwave

Phil McArdle pmcardle <@t> ebsciences.com
Mon Oct 23 11:43:47 CDT 2006

Hope you don't mind a "vendor" response:

Check out

http://www.ebsciences.com/pdf/EBS_CAP_RECOMMEND.pdf

As for purchase of a leakage detector, I'm not going to try and sell you
one in this non-commercial forum. However, leakage detectors are
available in a wide range of prices; I would avoid the "idiot light"
type that does not give you an actual measurement, both because you
should log actual readings, and because they are prone to false
positives. Also I'd avoid passive (non-powered) devices since they can
be inaccurate; very expensive equipment might not be advisable either,
since CAP might get more specific with their leakage detection
requirements in the future. It's better to have to discard a
less-expensive equipment in that eventuality.

Best regards,

Phil McArdle
--

Phil McArdle
Microwave Product Manager

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi