[Histonet] Good Bye

Janice Mahoney JMahoney <@t> alegent.org
Fri Oct 20 16:02:17 CDT 2006

Good point Douglas,
I  doubt that Joe is gone forever.  We need his humor on this net so I certainly hope he is not gone for long.
I think that any vendor is going to get as many praises as they do criticisms.  No one company can meet every need and expectation. I have a hard time believing that a vendor, who needs our support as much as we need them, would risk their reputation by calling an employer. Those kind of actions spread like wild fire and have a way of coming around and biting you on the behind.
Come back soon Joe.
Jan

Janice Mahoney
Histology/Cytology Coordinator
Alegent Health Laboratory
4955 F Street
Omaha, NE 68117
(402)717-2889

>>> "Douglas D Deltour" <doug <@t> ppspath.com> 10/20/2006 3:52 PM >>>
Joe,

I do not share your opinion of said vendor but I know how you are feeling. I
voiced my opinion on a certain tissue processor and one of the company's
people went behind my back and called my boss. We found it quit amusing but
it shows you how low they can go to try to save their reputation by trying
to ruin yours. If these companies can't take criticism or step up to the
plate on this forum and defend themselves then they are in the wrong field.
There is always going to be competition and preference in this field like
Sakura vs Leica, Ventana vs Dako, Ford vs Chevy, and Pepsi vs Coke. I am not
sure if these or the other company's front offices support these types of
actions but I hope they get their vendors under control before they damage
the company's reputation even further.

This post does not represent the opinion of my employer, my wife, my dog, my
cat, or me.

Douglas D. Deltour HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Professional Pathology Services, PC
One Science Court
Suite 200
Columbia, SC 29203
(803)252-1913
Fax (803)254-3262

PROFESSIONAL PATHOLOGY SERVICES, PC
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately.