[Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 19 17:08:43 CDT 2006

Ms M,
I don't have the Discovery, but was told when I went to Tucson that it was
very similar to the XT. WE also have been having problems with their ISH
kits, both with K/L and HPV. We often get variable staining with ISH also.

Joe Nocito BS, PA, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX

----- Original Message -----
From: "LINDA MARGRAF" <LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com>
To: <robert.bates <@t> eglin.af.mil>; <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Cc: "NORA LEOS" <NORA.LEOS <@t> childrens.com>; "Dinesh Rakheja"
<Dinesh.Rakheja <@t> UTSouthwestern.edu>; "ANA GOMEZ" <ANA.GOMEZ <@t> childrens.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Histonetters:
All this talk about the Ventana Benchmark is making me nervous. We are
getting ready to purchase the Ventana Discovery XT, an open system automated
stainer which uses similar technology as the Benchmark. We plan to use it
for research immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization. Does anyone
have any exerience with the Discovery?  Please let me know if you have had
problems with it.
Thanks a bunch,
Linda M
Histonet administrator