[Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Luck, Greg D. LuckG <@t> empirehealth.org
Wed Oct 18 15:09:13 CDT 2006

Dr. Bates,
Be thankful you're not trying to get tech support on one of Ventana's
tissue processors.
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bates
Robert R Maj MIL USAF 96 MDSS/SGSAH
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:24 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Hello,

We have a Ventana Benchmark that has been giving my histotechs fits.
There are times when the staining is hit or miss.  Other times the
controls will not stain properly but the specimen tissue does or visa
versa.  We have troubleshot the machine numerous times without success.
We call the aid line and do the things they recommend and it 'may' work
for a while and then it reverts back to the hit or miss schedule.  We
have tried random tissue sections that have know positive properties
(such as smooth muscle tissue stained with smooth muscle actin) and even
observed internal tissue controls to see if they react properly.  Has
anyone else had this type of problem with this machine?  Any ideas or
suggestions would be most welcome.

Dr. Robert R. Bates Jr

Florida