[Histonet] Milestone Pathos vs Sakura Xpress

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Tue Oct 17 04:49:06 CDT 2006

Apparently the PDF was too large for Histonet to accept.  You can go to
the Sakura website and click on Xpress and open the brochure if you need
these details.

Jeanine

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED)
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 6:47 PM
To: Gregor Arlt; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Milestone Pathos vs Sakura Xpress

Frank,

I have no experience with the Pathos but our lab does have the Sakura
Xpress.  I am attaching a PDF of the brochure for the equipment.  Page 4
explains how the microwave itself operates (60 watts).  One thing I want
to add to the previous response is that the 1.5 mm thickness for the
Xpress is not mandatory.  There is allowance for thicker specimens but
the processing time is then lengthened. But I for one like having an
excuse to make pathologists gross properly to begin with. :)

Jeanine Bartlett
CDC, Atlanta