[Histonet] cap question regarding the microwave

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Fri Oct 13 15:57:45 CDT 2006

On Microwaves and reproducibility -
We use our Kenmore (straight from the shelves of Sears) to heat various stains.
This worked for my last inspection.
We devised a simple test that we perform monthly.
Use 3 identical glass coplin jars, each filled with 50.mls room temp DI water.
We check and record the room temp in each.
Then one by one, microwave each jar in the center of the microwave on high for 15 seconds,
then immediately check and record the heated temp as we remove the jar from the oven.
We've never had more than 1 degree variance in the 3 jars or from month to month.
Simple and seems to meet their requirement.
My Friday flame...am I the only one that thinks that CAP is getting carried away with its AP regs?  It seems that they add more and more every revision!
Just my 2 cents, Terri Braud

-----Original Message-----
srishan <@t> mail.holyname.org
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 11:41 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] cap question regarding the microwave

Hi,
I would like to get some feed back on this cap question
ANP. 28290
ARE MICROWAVE DEVICES PERIODICALLY MONITORED FOR TEMPERATURE
REPRODUCIBILITY?
THANKS
NIRMALA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail at the electronic address shown.

Thank you for your cooperation.