[Histonet] Imaging Histological Specimens

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Thu Oct 12 13:29:28 CDT 2006

Hi Hector:

    For photography during surgery a much longer lens is needed to
provide longer working distance and avoid the problems you mentioned.
For the F series Nikons (F4, F5) the 180 mm lens was often used. I don't
know if that lens will fit the D series cameras, call NikonUSA and ask
them. Perhaps they make a longer macro lens for the D series.
    If you want more than life size magnification of rat hearts, etc.
you will need to extend the lens with a bellows or extension tubes.
Again, call NikonUSA and tell them what you want to do.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.