[Histonet] Xpress and AutoTEC comments

Wesley Simms, MD wsimms <@t> mcintoshclinic.com
Wed Oct 11 16:18:13 CDT 2006

The reference re. quadrupled reagent costs was regarding reagent cost of the
Xpress vs. reagent cost of conventional processing (4:1).  As there are only
about 48 Xpress'es in the US, I seriously doubt they will be increasing the
cost of their kits...yet.
Wesley W. Simms
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED)" <jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:03 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Xpress and AutoTEC comments

All,

I am not here to sing the praises of Sakura but I do want to make a few
comments.  We have just received our AutoTEC but prior to its purchase I did
get a sampling of the Paraform cassettes and tried them.  The mesh-like
structure is not plastic and the main surface piece is cut away with
trimming leaving an edge that does not affect ribboning.  I had no trouble
achieving good sections with them.

As far as the Xpress goes, it suits our purpose very well.  We are not a
hospital so I cannot comment on how it works in that environment but we are
quite satisfied.

An aside regarding a comment I read that someone with a source knew they
were going to quadruple the price on the kits....well, I spoke with my rep.
and she said absolutely not.  "We are not in the business of making our
customers angry!'   I tend to believe her.

Just my two cents worth......

Jeanine Bartlett, BS, HT(ASCP)
1600 Clifton Road, MS/G-32
18/SB-114