[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 35, Issue 21

Kewley, Sharyl F. kewleys <@t> health.missouri.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:13:16 CDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I have checked in Conn's Biological Stains and for the Luxol Fast Blue dye it states that the C.I. is Solvent Blue 38, so I believe that is what you will want to use.  You stated that Sigma made a 37 and a 38, you will need to order Solvent Blue 38 from Sigma.

I am not sure what the difference is between Solvent Blue 37 and 38, but, in the Sigma catalog if you will notice the 37 says only practical grade and the 38 says Luxol Fast Blue MBSN and then practical grade.  So to me that means that only the 38 pertains to the Luxol Fast Blue staining.

If you have access to a Conn's Biological Stains book it will give you lots of information on all different staining dyes.

Hope this helps,

Sharyl Kewley, HT (ASCP)
Columbia Regional Hospital
404 Keene St.