[Histonet] tissue coming off slides

John Baker bakerj <@t> umich.edu
Thu Oct 5 11:00:46 CDT 2006

Hi All,  A group I work with just came to ask if there was a way of
keeping frozen tissue sections from coming off a slide?  It seems there
technician used uncoated/regular slides to mount 100's of sections.
The tissues were embedded in OCT and cut at 5 microns but of course are
sliding off during any staining procedure.  Is there a protocol of any
sort to coat the slides after the fact to retain the sections through
staining?  I at least suggested they stain flat.  Any suggestions are
appreciated.  John

John A. Baker
The University of Michigan
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories