[Histonet] Superfrost slides-Histonet question

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 11:53:13 CDT 2006

Ion,

  In general once you have dipped the slide in ETOH you cannot put another section
   on while it is wet with ETOH . I do not see why you couldn't try to put another on
  after the ETOH has dried. You can also put multiple pieces on the slide and fix
  them all at once but the first section will show some drying artifact.
  I guess you could also put a first section toward the label, then dip only the lable
  half of the slide. Then put a second section toward the opposite end of the slide
   and dip that half.
  As far as FS brushes are concerned. I actually went to an art supply store and tried
  a variety of them. For me I settle on the stiffest which gave me the most control
  over the curling section.
  I use Chinese bristle brushes. Number 1 or 2 flat or bright type. ( 3/16 and 1/4 inch).
  I cut them at an angle with a sharp blade to match the angle I am holding it. I also
  cut the length of the handle down to a practical size ( they are long artist brushes).
  These are about $3 at your art supply store. I buy them in bulk from the solo
  brush company  prepare and offer them for the same $3. Here is the link if
  anyone wants to buy them in quantity.
  http://www.solobrushes.com/WebCatg2.asp?Cat2ID=12&Cat1ID=6