[Histonet] Re: Cre, eGFP, and B-Gal Antibodies

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Tue May 30 13:35:41 CDT 2006

Hi Rhonda,

I wish you nothing but luck with these! Out of the three, I'd say you will probably have success with the eGFP - it has been used successfully quite a bit in publications. We use Novus Biologicals rabbit polyclonal eGFP (new purified antibody) and we really like the results we're getting so far.

Regarding Cre and B-gal, we have had no luck with either of them. The cre antibodies have not worked at all (but I think should work well on cultured cells), and the B-gal has inconsistent staining that I can't mirror with x-gal staining. Between the histology facility and the researchers at our institute, I think we've tried practically every Cre and B-gal commercially available and we're not getting any usable results.

Let me know if you get some off list replies, I'm all ears (eyes!).

Best wishes,

Teri Johnson
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
Kansas City, MO 64110