[Histonet] anti-Abeta antibodies

Dumont, Nancy ndumont <@t> neurochem.com
Mon May 29 15:23:13 CDT 2006

Hello,

I am looking for information on antibody affinity against Abeta peptide, at either the N-terminal part (such as 6E10 monoclonal antibody) or C terminal (such as polyclonal antibodies specific for Aß40 or Aß42 from Chemicon).  Does anybody have some data sources to mention to me?

I also have a question about pan-Abeta antibody.  We constantly have cellular labeling with the pan-Abeta antibody from BioSource (sequence 15 to 30) when we process brain sections of transgenic mice.  Does someone know if this antibody also labels APP?  In fact, it seems that the labeling is indeed nuclear.  Controls without primary or secondary antibodies are totally blank.  A reference cited by the company also says that preabsorption of the antibody with the peptide leaded to the absence of any labeling.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Nancy Dumont
Research technician
Neurochem Inc.
Montreal, Canada
L'information contenue dans ce courriel est confidentielle et protégée par le secret professionnel. Elle n'est destinée qu'à l'usage du destinataire indiqué ci-dessus. Il est strictement interdit de distribuer ce document ou l'information qu'il contient. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, ou s'il ne vous est pas destiné, veuillez le mentionner immédiatement à l'expéditeur et détruire tous les exemplaires de ce courriel. Merci. /

This email is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, or are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Thank you.