[Histonet] Cartilage in CT-scans

Vera Weisbecker v.weisbecker <@t> student.unsw.edu.au
Sun May 28 19:36:31 CDT 2006

Hello All,

This is not stricly a histology question - but I was wondering whether anyone has experience with showing tissues other than bone in CT-scans? I am trying to visualize cartilage in micro-CT scans of formalin-fixed alcohol-preserved small young mammals. While cartilage doesn't show up "by itself", I wonder whether there is any staining agent the animals could be treated with to increase density of the cartilage. Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Vera

Vera Weisbecker
Biological Sciences Building/Room 555
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of New South Wales
UNSW/Sydney
NSW 2052

Phone: +61 2 9385 2125