[Histonet] Ventant Benchmark

Stahl, Michael mstahl <@t> bvha.org
Sat May 27 11:26:31 CDT 2006

Ill have to put my  kudos in for the Ventana  machines also. We
currently have the Benchmark Immuno Stainer and the NeXus, and they are
the workhorses of our lab. Not only are the slides always consistent in
staining, but with the  internal programs  in the software QC is much
easier. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying manual staining is not a
viable option, nor am I saying that automatic stainers can do it better.
The difference is, in "walkaways, while the slides are staining I can do
my frozen section, inventory, ordering of supplies, registration of out
patients, logging in of  surgical specimens, and keep my pathologist
happy by being on hand to provide for them what they require from a
Histotech.   One further note, all 4 of the pathologist here love the
quality of both the Immuno and special stains.

Michael P. Stahl HT(ASCP)
BVRHC
Findlay,OH 45840