[Histonet] free floating sections

Charles Scouten cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
Fri May 26 11:54:23 CDT 2006

The following link is a product very useful for mananging and staining
free floating sections.
http://www.myneurolab.com/myneurolab/mnl_products_detail.asp?idproduct=4
64101&catdesc=Histology+Equipment&CatThreeID=635&CatOneID=4&subcatdesc=T
issue+Staining+Systems&idsubcategory=192

Cordially,
Charles W.  Scouten, Ph.D.
myNeuroLab.com
5918 Evergreen Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63134
Ph: 314 522 0300 x 342
FAX  314 522 0377
cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
http://www.myneurolab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Atoska
S. Gentry
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 11:28 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] free floating sections

Hello, will someone please share with me your procedure for collecting &
storing free floating frozen sections? This will be a first for me. Info
gathered from histonet archives indicates the sections can be placed
into cell culture plates with wells containing distilled water.  Is
distilled water required or will filtered deionized water be sufficient
or better yet is it o.k. to place phosphate buffer into the wells? Also,
please what's the maximum amount of time these free floating sections
can be held at 4C in the culture plates before staining or whatever? I
will be sectioning these sections for a researcher from main campus and
I need to inform him. Thanks so much. Atoska