[Histonet] STAFF EVALUATIONS

Patti Loykasek ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com
Tue May 23 17:39:28 CDT 2006

Hi Diana. I would be interested in your sharing the info that you get back.
I can tell you what we do. I'll start off by saying we are constantly
updating/revising our program. I feel like we do a better job each year.
Some tasks are evaluated by observation & documented on a spreadsheet that
contains all SOPs (by name) that a particular staff should know. I do have
checklists for equipment that cover things from do staff know where on/off
is, to the various functions of the equipment staff should know. For the
histologists we evaluate H&E sections (both paraffin & FS) with criteria
similar to the board registry & include some safety & clean up details. I'm
putting together a test to cover knowledge of general IHC & would like to
get some photos of common stains acceptable & not for a test. A work in
progress - always.
Hope that helps a bit.

Patti Loykasek BS, HTL, QIHC
PhenoPath Laboratories