[Histonet] tyrosine hydroxylase staining??

Yaskovich, Ruth A (NIH/NIDCR) [E] ryaskovich <@t> dir.nidcr.nih.gov
Mon May 22 12:51:29 CDT 2006

Johanna,
When I stain rat brain for Tyrosine Hydroxylase I'm staining Paraffin embedding brain that has been perfused with 4% PFA. I use a 1:20 dilution on Midbrain and am getting great results. I'm using the Dako envision products and I'm not sure where I order the antibody from but will find out for you.
Ruth Yaskovich
National Institutes of Health
N.I.D.C.R.
Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch

________________________________

From: Jackson, Johanna [mailto:johanna.jackson <@t> csc.mrc.ac.uk]
Sent: Mon 5/22/2006 1:26 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] tyrosine hydroxylase staining??

Dear All,

I am trying to stain dopaminergic neurons in the striatum of the adult rat brain which has been perfused with 4% PFA, washed and then cryoprotected in 20% sucrose, before being sectioned (10um) on a cryostat. I pretreat the sections with 0.1% Triton-X and block using serum.   I am using the monoclonal anti-tyrosine hydroxylase antibody from Sigma (T1299).  Sigma recommend a working concentration of 1:2000 however I have had no luck with this staining.  I just a weak staining all over the brain with no specificity in the striatum.

Does anyone have a protocol using this particular antibody? I have seen protocols with anti-TH from other companies which follow a similar method to what I have described above, however they do not seem to work for the Sigma antibody.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jo

Stem Cell Imaging