[Histonet] Re: rabbit anti-FITC

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Mon May 22 02:18:11 CDT 2006

   Hi Liz, Gayle and Andrea,

   We were quite annoyed here too about discontinuing rabbit anti-FITC by
   Dako's. After complaining about it Dako let me know that a HRP-labeled
   rabbit  anti-FITC  is still  available.  However,  that approach isn't
   sensitive enough  for my application below. I looked for a replacement
   and found   a   concentrated   rabbit  anti-FITC  from  BioGenesis no.
   4510-7804 ([1]www.biogenesis.co.uk). This   product still   needs   to
   be compared with the original Dako rabbit anti-FITC. When done, I will
   let you know my findings. The test will be a
   multistep enzymatic double  staining  procedure combining an unlabeled
   mouse primary with a FITC-labeled mouse primary antibody:
    1. unlabeled mouse primary 1
    2. polymer anti-mouse/HRP
    3. blocking step with normal mouse serum
    4. FITC-labeled mouse primary 2
    5. rabbit anti-FITC
    6. goat anti-rabbit/AP
    7. visualization of AP activity (Fast Blue BB or Vector Blue)
    8. visualization of HRP activity in red (AEC or Vector NovaRed)

   In this protocol a mouse anti-FITC obviously doesn't fit.

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academic Medical Center M2-230
   Meibergdreef 9