[Histonet] Bar-coding and interfacing cassette and slide printers.

Genest, Sharon SktnHR Sharon.Genest <@t> saskatoonhealthregion.ca
Fri May 19 10:57:19 CDT 2006

I am currently working on a project to barcode all Surgical pathology
and Cytology specimens with the hopes of eventually going paperless. At
the same time we are investigating the possibility of auto generating
cassettes and slides for surgical pathology and non gyne cytology
specimens, and labels for gyne (PAP) slides.
My questions are:
1	Is anyone using an interfaced cassette labeller or slide
labeller or both, that could share with me information good or bad on
how what they use and how it is working for them.
2	Is anyone auto generating cassettes during accessioning?
3	Is anyone using a slide printing system that they do or could
share with cytology?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.