[Histonet] rabbit anti-FITC

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Thu May 18 17:36:17 CDT 2006

Bummer, I loved this antibody also for mouse on mouse staining.

DAKO sells a mouse anti-FITC, clone DAK-FITC4, which is excellent for
staining human tissue with FITC labeled antibodies using the Mouse
EnVision+ kit as the detection system. I am hoping this antibody was
not discontinued as well!

Also FYI, there is a sheep anti-FITC-HRP (from the TUNEL POD kit but
sold separately also) from Roche Molecular Biochemicals which is
excellent and I routintely use it for conversion of good strong
labeling FITC antibodies to HRP/DAB detection. (The primary must
obviously stain robustly since there is a lack of  amplification
using this protocol).

With just a quick scan of InVitrogen/Zymed/Molecular Probes website
....  I see a rabbit anti-FITC from Zymed Catalog #71-1900, I know
nothing about its quality though, probably decent!

-- Andrea