[Histonet] disinfecting the cryostat

Robyn Vazquez VAZQUEZR <@t> ohsu.edu
Thu May 18 13:00:46 CDT 2006

We use a product that is a broad-spectrum, SaniMaster IV Google it.  Shut cryo down, drench inside with diluted SaniMaster IV, let set for awhile, drain, wipe out, spray with 100%, wipe out, air dry for awhile, plug back in, wah la...tried calling number, but got a not in service announcement.

Hope this helps

Robyn

OHSU

>>> <delventh3 <@t> aol.com> 5/18/2006 8:56 AM >>>
Does anyone have a protocol for disinfecting the cryostat?  Specifically a substance that is specific for AFB.  If you could give a call to anyone of us at the Histology Lab we would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Priscilla
Histology, St. Anthony's Hospital, Rockford, Ill.  815-395-3410