[Histonet] "Normal" tissue statistics

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Wed May 17 10:43:46 CDT 2006

Amanda Garcia at College Station Medical Center asks about statistics on "normal" tissue.

Amanda, before you go off investing time in this project, you may want to check to see if your hospital has a quality assurance type committee that collects this information already. In our hospital it is (or was when I served on it) called the "Surgical Case Review Committee". The committee was a requirement of JCAHO (I think). It checked patients charts to make sure their  operations were necessary. It had ongoing projects to survey different type procedures to make sure they were necessary too. ( We got to sit in plush chairs in the boardroom and they fed us lunch...!)

Mike Titford
USA Pathology
Mobile AL USA