[Histonet] goat primary Ab

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 17 08:17:43 CDT 2006

Susan,

  I have done a lot of work with goat primaries in mouse tissues.  I normally use the Vector Elite ABC kit (Goat IgG) for detection; 30 minutes in anti-goat secondary, 30 minutes in ABC reagent (both at room temp).  I am beta testing a goat polymer kit for Biocare this week, it should be available within the next few weeks or so (I am doing the run on Friday, so I can't comment on it yet).  I am sure it will work well, I love their mouse and rabbit polymer kits!

  Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)
  Novartis
  Cambridge, MA

Susan Bryant <sbryant <@t> labpath.com> wrote:
  Hello to all

I am sending this for a friend in research....how many folks out in Histoland are doing IHC with goat primaries on human, mouse and rat tissues? What detection is everyone using, and are you getting consistent results?

You may send your responses to me and I will print them for her. Thanks for you time.

Susan Bryant
Knoxville Dermatopath