[Histonet] 34BE12

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Tue May 16 12:41:42 CDT 2006

Roxanne,

I run a negative control and just the prostate slide itself for the 34be12 stain since prostate is, in fact, the appropriate control.  When you run a piece of prostate for this antibody, it seems redundant to run another piece of prostate as a control.  My Pathologists let me know if there is a problem with comments on the QC sheet, as is the case with all of my IHC cases.

My Humble Procedure,

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Roxanne
Soto
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:39 AM
To: HISTONET <@t> PATHOLOGY.SWMED.EDU
Subject: [Histonet] 34BE12

   Gotta question for you ...
   how  many  of  you  out  there  are  running a positive and a negative
   control  for  your 34be12 on prostates?  How many are not?  How do you
   handle  this in your procedure under your QC?  I have been asked to do
   both.   Some  want  a  control  and  some  don't  I am trying to get a
   concensus and be uniform.
   The argument for no control.....it stains for normal tissue
   The arguement for a control....it still stains......

   Any suggestions?
   Roxanne