[Histonet] Immuno. for Cat Scratch

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Thu May 11 09:02:24 CDT 2006

Yes, but, in my experience, it is a very difficult IP stain to interpret
and unless you have significant experience with it you should probably
refer cases to an expert.  Sampling, duration of the infection, and
treatment with antibiotics all affect immunoreactivity.  The monoclonal
antibody that we use (clone H2A10) is sold by Novus Biologicals in
Littleton, CO.  BioCare sells the same antibody.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "Marian Powers" <mgdelaware <@t> comcast.net> 05/10/06 8:47 PM >>>
Wondering if there is an antibody for Cat Scratch Bacillus?

Thanks in advance,

Marian