[Histonet] Processor Preferences??

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Wed May 10 10:49:23 CDT 2006

We've had the Leica ASP 300 for about four years now.  We've had to
replace the pump twice, the fuse-power cord assembly had to be replaced
also.  Every time we've had to order a part from Leica it's been very
frustrating.  The wrong part has been sent more often than the correct
one and that is after we've had to contact Germany to get a fax of what
the part looks like. We still got the wrong part.  This year our
processor has worked "properly" for a grand total of THREE weeks, and
not in a row.  Thank God we have an old but reliable VIP as a back up.

All of this is well documented in our Biomed department so no
threatening calls please.  Look at the disclaimer below.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long
live free speech!

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Leigh
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:02 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Processor Preferences??

          Dear Histonet,

                  We are in the process of buying a new tissue processor
and are currently considering the Shandon Excelsior, the Shandon
Pathcentre, and the Leica ASP300. I would welcome input and personal
preferences from Histonetters who use these instruments. Thank you in
advance!

  Jennifer Oskins
  Asst. Senior Biologist
  Eli Lilly and Company