[Histonet] paraffin scraper

Jasper, Thomas G. TJasper <@t> smdc.org
Thu May 4 11:23:41 CDT 2006

Kemlo and Terry...I love it, you guys could have a sitcom or entertain at "Happy Hour".  Now on a more serious note...we use a Thermo (Shandon) Electron, Para-Trimmer.  Sure beats an ice scaper, dull scalpel or modified hoe.
Tom J.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Marshall
Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:48 AM
To: Kemlo Rogerson; Weems, Joyce; DiCarlo, Margaret;
histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] paraffin scraper

Of course they have hoes in America!

Hoedown

A hoedown is a square dance, or a gathering where a square dance is featured. The word is commonly used to describe any country or hillbilly type gathering, generally one with fiddle and banjo music. Hoedowns were originally harvest festivals of sorts, a gathering held in the fall as the crops were brought in. The farmers who attended would put their hoes down and come to a dance, hence the word "hoedown".

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path
 Consultant Pathologist
 Rotherham General Hospital
 South Yorkshire
 England